Thank you to TheWait(e)ingRoom for my first official tag! Erin came out of lurking mode to wish me well and help me share some random things, and I’ve hopped over to read up on her blog as well… take notice of the adorable puppy photos! So I’ll share a little here, and hopefully those I tag will do the same!
Here are the rules of this tag game:
1. Link to the person who tagged you
2. Post the rules on your blog
3. Write 6 random things about yourself
4. Tag 6 people at the end of your post and link to them
5. Let each person you have tagged know by leaving a comment on their blog
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is posted
Six Random Things About Me:
1. I loathe/fear condiments (i.e. ketchup, mustard, mayo). If you shook a bottle of ketchup at me, I’d run away in fear and probably squeal a little too. Some people try to debunk my generalization and say that BBQ sauce and sauces are condiments, but I stick to the fact that I hate things that you put on hot dogs. ‘Nuff said.
2. I’m not sure if my favorite color is yellow OR blue, but I definitely love all things blue and yellow. My car is bright yellow. My room growing up was bright yellow (and I turned out just fine thank you). I’m magnetically attracted to most things yellow, but my wardrobe is pretty blue. My craft room is blue. And I’ll buy anything that combines blue/yellow… as evidenced by today’s early post.
3. My childhood dream was to become a marine biologist. I wanted to sail the oceans and study the whales and dolphins and sea turtles and learn to scuba dive. Sadly, my dream was crushed in high school when I had the chance to meet and work with some real marine biologists. I saw where they worked (think cold, damp labs with no light) and what they did, and how little they interacted with each other… and I decided I needed something a little more, well, social. But if Jean-Michel Cousteau ever needs me for a dolphin excursion, I might just have to answer that call. :)
4. I’m all for girl power! I was a Girl Scout, went to an all-girls high school, rechartered a sorority, blog for an almost exclusively women site, and now just joined another league of adult women in town. Not sure how that happened growing up with two brothers, but it did.
5. I used to be quite active in musical theater. It explains why I still get giddy hearing a “score” (see that honey… I didn’t say SOUNDTRACK) and often kick-ball-change my way down the street. My voice was never good enough for a lead, and I was always too tall to fit where I should, but I still sang/danced with the best of them!
6. I’m a big fan of acupuncture. Before my first experience with the needles, I made sure that they weren’t going to pull any funny business and stick them in my eyelids or something crazy like that. They didn’t… I mean, these were fancy Stanford doctors, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I also try my best to take care of my chi by avoiding green teas and staying away from popsicles… but somehow my tummy’s love of cold beats out my chi’s need of hot. Grrr!
My six tags:
1. Marital Bless – Leah is just way too nice. Her comments here make me smile and I love reading her writing style and getting to peek into her lovely life. Now I get to return a bit of the kindness!
2. Celestina Carmen – She expands my gocco horizons on a weekly basis and tempts me by branching out into the world of real screenprinting.
3. Random Ramblings – Michelle rambles out loud what I’m thinking all the time. I’m so happy that she has a blog and I get to hear her voice through it daily!
4. WifeyLifey – Cathy basically had her send off today on weddingbee, so this will give her an excuse to write something about her “wife life.” I’m sure her randomness will be so much better than mine!
5. The Lucky Nest – Everyone’s fascination of the mysterious creature known as Ellie/Lovebug can now continue past weddingbee and into the real world. Just take a look at the video of her puppy. Ridiculously adorable!
6. This Young House – Such wonderful inspiration to break out of the ordinary furniture store getup and into the contempory scene on your own. There isn’t a more practical and feasible website out there for home decorating! And they’re fun… like I want to be your best BBQ buds fun.