I’ve gotten some sad news… as I’ve received emails from many of the people who signed up for the card swap who have since backed out and decided not to participate. :( I understand how trying the holidays can be for everyone… and sometimes the best laid plans don’t always work out.
If you’d like to take their places, I’ve extended the deadline to December 8th, and lowered the card number to 5. I’ll be sending out my own large lot of cards for the troops to make up for those that couldn’t get them in before then.
- Please create standard sized cards (A2, A6, A7, 5.5×5.5) with envelopes (you may decorate the envelope to go with the card if you like, but it’s not necessary)
- Create and send in 5 cards, and in return you will get 5 back, each from a different artist!
- You can choose to make your batch all the same or different.
- Feel free to be as creative as you like with your card designs! Use fun materials, glitter, stamps, wood postcards, hand drawings, etc.!
- Please include a SASE (large manilla envelope) with the same amount of postage it took to mail them to me. Also, include two loose stamps just in case, I will return them in the envelope if not needed. (I will not re-use the envelope that you sent me, please send a separate envelope for the return trip)
- Cards should be mailed to me by the 8th of December. I will sort and mail them back out on the 5th of December.
- Please identify yourself someway (name/blog/twitterID/email/etc.) and place it on a sticky note on each of the cards. It would be lovely to know who each card came from!
- No need to worry about privacy or sharing your address… I will receive and redistribute all cards so your information will never go beyond me!
- At the end of the swap, all participants will be thanked and acknowledged on the blog (along with links to your blog if you provide them). I will also take a photo of each card that is submitted and share them in a flickr gallery as well for all blog readers to enjoy!
(and be sure to pass the word on to your friends!):