- 1 T olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (chopped)
- 1 can whole peeled tomatoes, in puree
- 2 canned chipotle chilies in adobo, finely chopped
- 1 T adobo sauce (from the can)
- 1 cup water
- Sea salt
- 1 small cooked rotisserie chicken, shredded
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, chopped
- 4 cups tortilla chips
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, chipotles, adobo sauce, and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil, add the salt and then reduce the heat and simmer for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Add the shredded chicken and cook it for 1 more minute. Take it off the stove and stir in the cilantro.
- Serve the chips in bowl, and then top with chicken mixture, sour cream, and feta.
It also helps that this recipe may have helped me recognize the error of my ways the last time I used chiles in adobo sauce. I was making enchiladas and let’s just say that the only remedy for our flaming mouths was to finish off a gallon of milk. I think I used 2 cans of chiles in adobo instead of just 2 chiles from the can for those enchiladas. Whoops.