December 11 –
Prompt: 11 Things. What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?
(Author: Sam Davidson)
My eleven things:
1) Body image negativity – Just don’t do it. Don’t need it, won’t need it, and can completely avoid it myself.
2) Any sort of game on Facebook – FB sucks time/energy away anyhow, so why waste other precious moments on the site?
3) Gym pass – having one doesn’t get you in shape… so until I get back into being active, I don’t need it. And if I can get active without it… then do I really need it at all?
4) Piles of unwashed laundry – Schedule a day and do it. Don’t let anyone else’s laundry come before yours on that day!
5) Shaggy hair – take an extra hour at lunch every 2 months and just get your hair cut/colored already!
6) Messy car – Keep it clean daily so you don’t have to waste time on weekends cleaning it up
7) Cardboard boxes – If you order online, order a bunch at once. Try not to abuse your Amazon.com PRIME membership to order little things you can get elsewhere.
8) Headaches – hydrate, stretch each morning, do yoga in the office, limit the caffeine intake.
9) Excuses – Just do it already.
10) Cleaning arguments – you have the phone number for the maids. Call it. Budget for it. Use it.
11) Hunger pangs at work – take 20 minutes, speed walk to town if you need, and order something! And keep snacks in your desk!
Other readers who are playing along: Michelle at See Michelle Blog, EmilyB at A Leap Begins, Ali at His Birdie’s Nest, Koritsimou at The Pale Wisconsinite, Charmi at Life on Minden, Kelly at Glamour This!, Katie at She Likes Ruffles, He Likes Truffles, Liz at e.louise, Nodakademic, Kasia atGood Finking, Kate at Marsh Mellow Goodness, Lydia atNothing Rhymes with Lydia, Jenni at Moonlight & Magnolias, EP at Oh Baby!, Jen atLiving a Brighter Life, Holley at Dead Flowers, Tara at Two Wishes, Marissa at marissamakes, Kinzie at KinzieSays, Maggie at A Long Far View, Nellie at Wired, Witty and Well-Dressed and Jen at A Tale of 2 Monkeys. (am I missing you??)