Miss L’s first zucchini ripened over the weekend, so we pulled it off the plant and brought it in the house! She desperately wanted to eat it (and even tried to bite it raw!), so on Monday night, I cut it into small slices for zucchini chips and she got to making her first backyard meal ever! How’s that for being super local-organic?
While we were making the zucchini chips, she started talking through the process and commenting on her work… like it was her own cooking show. So, I did what any crazy mom with an iPhone would do, and picked up the video to share with others…
Think she’s ready for her Food Network auditions??? Anyhow, if you want to make these, it’s so simple that I feel silly even writing a recipe. But here it is:
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1/4 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil (preferably in a mister)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Slice your zucchini into moderately thin pieces (1/8-1/4 inch).
- Combine the breadcrumbs and cheese in a small bowl.
- Lay out your zucchini slices on a sheet of parchment, and lightly coat both sides in olive oil.
- Cover each zucchini slice with the breadcrumb mixture in the bowl, being sure to tap off any excess. Space them evenly back on the parchment on a cooking sheet.
- Cook the zucchini for 16 minutes, flipping them at the 10 minute mark.