Mr. M’s Movie Trivia: Week 4
Want to see how you did in Week #3? Scroll down to see the answers below!
And we’re on to Week #4. All you have to do is identify the movie and you are on your honor not to google them! Just leave your guesses in a comment below and see if you’re right next week!
1. Apocalypse Now – Robert Duvall says this while trying to show the new soldiers, including Martin Sheen and Samuel L. Jackson, how cool he is. Blair pointed out though that this line also pops up in Tropic Thunder, so both were correct this week.
2. Iron Man – This is during the benefit that Richard Starke was technically hosting but wasn’t invited to attend. So this is Robert Downey Jr (Starke) dancing with Gwyneth Paltrow (Pepper) for the first time.
3. Raiders of the Lost Ark – This is fairly early in the movie when Indiana Jones gets lowered into the pit.
4. Hunger Games – towards the end of the movie when the Capitol tries to change the rules again and make sure that there is only one winner.
5. 300 – When the Spartan 300 are on their way to defend the pass and run into some allies (Arcadians) who initially mock them for not bringing enough soldiers to fight.
6. Pirates of the Caribbean – Curse of the Black Pearl – When Johnny Depp (Jack Sparrow) gets captured by Geoffrey Rush (Barbosa) and tries to weasel his way out of a bad situation.
7. Jurassic Park – one of my favorite all time quotes. This is when Jeff Goldblum is sitting on a table having his leg looked after and having a slight disagreement with Richard Attenborough.
8. Big Trouble in Little China – This during the final showdown between Kurt Russell (Jack Burton) and the main evil guy who is half in the spirit world and half here. If you’ve never seen this one, I highly recommend the movie… it’s a campy action-comedy where Jack Burton is a trucker with a lot of luck that gets stuck in the middle of a secret magical war in Chinatown.
9. A Knight’s Tale – Awesome little action-comedy with Heath Ledger, Paul Bettany, and Alan Tudyk about a bunch of squires who decide that to survive they’ll band together and pretend that they can legally participate in knightly tournaments. Early on Geoffrey Chaucer (Paul Bettany) joins them as their herald. If you can just get past the mind-numbing scene where a medieval crowd sings “We Will Rock You”, it’s actually quite fun.
10. The Hunt for Red October – The whole quote is actually by Alec Baldwin, but he impersonates Sean Connery’s character for the first part. So that made it a little tougher. This is when they’re trying to get to the saboteur who has holed himself up near the nuclear missiles.