banana cream pudding magic
I have some serious banana cream pie lovers (& critics) in my life: Mr. M and my Dad. So when I stumbled on the recipe for Magnolia Bakery’s Famous Banana Pudding, I earmarked it for a day when they both could enjoy it. It’s definitely not a pie, but more of a banana cream trifle, and so darn easy to make as long as you’ve got the time! Well, the day to try out the recipe just happened to be this Saturday… and I can proudly share the recipe it here because it earned their well-respected banana cream seal of approval.
banana cream pudding
Serves: 8 servings
- 14-oz condensed sweetened milk
- 1 1/2 cups cold water
- 1 package (3.4 oz) Vanilla Instant Pudding
- 4 Ripe Bananas
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 box (12 oz) Nabisco Nilla Wafers
- Mix the condensed milk with the water on a low speed for 1 minute. Add the pudding mix and mix on medium speed for 2 more minutes. Cover the bowl and place it in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Whip the cream in a large bowl until it forms stiff peaks. Fold in the cold pudding mixture until completely combined.
- Pick a glass bowl or dish to use for serving. You’ll want it to be big enough to layer all of your ingredients inside! Layer the Nilla wafers along the bottom, then add a layer of bananas, and top with a layer of the pudding cream. Repeat for an additional set of layers.
- Wrap up the dish and refrigerate for at least 4 hours and enjoy! (It’s best if consumed before it’s been in the fridge for 8 hours… but in our house, it’s still yummy the next day)
I don’t think I’ve ever had banana cream pie.
My kids were just asking for Banana pudding! I need to try this recipe! It looks great!
That sounds like a delicious banana cream dessert. I will have to keep this recipe in mind next time my daughter visits.
My daughter would love having that for dessert. She loves everything with bananas!
This looks so amazingly good. I’m going to print out the recipe so that i could try to do it myself..yummy, I know my mom will love this.
This is similar to how I make mine, but I like a little cream cheese and butter cookie in the mix. So delicious either way.
My husband would love this. He eats banana pudding and I eat nothing banana related lol Thanks for the recipe.